Gur papdi with Katori A2 Desi Ghee:
If you are craving something sweet, Golpapdi can be an instant mouthwatering option. To get a perfect taste when you prepare Gujrati Golpapdi at home, you need to use ghee as the most important ingredient.
So, it is a great idea to take the help of healthy & traditionally-made Katori A2 Desi ghee to get the perfect aroma and flavours every time you prepare desserts at home.
Ingredients: let’s try for yourself
- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta): 1 cup
- Katori A2 Desi Ghee: 1 cup
- Grated jaggery (Gud): 1 cup
- Sesame Seeds (Til): 1/2 cup
- Mixed Dry fruits, chopped (Mewa): 1/3 cup
- Grated dry coconuts: 1/3 cup
- Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder): 1/4 tbsp
It’s prep time:
Step-1: Start with crushing or grating the jaggery into very small pieces. The bigger the jaggery pieces, the harder it is to melt, resulting in unwanted soft lumps.
Step-2: In a heavy-bottom pan, add Katori A2 Desi ghee. Wait till it melts, then add wheat flour.
Step-3: Continue roasting the wheat flour on low heat until it turns golden and starts giving out a sweet, roasted aroma.
Step-4: Add the sesame seeds, chopped nuts, and any other condiments you might like. Stir for a minute and then remove the pan from the flame.
Step-5: Quickly add the grated jaggery and cardamom powder. Mix it thoroughly and immediately. Quickly stirring the mixture is necessary so that it does not become hard.
Step-6: Take the resulting mixture and spread it on a plate already greased with the ghee. Level it evenly with a spatula.
Step-7: Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds on the surface and gently press it.
Step-8: Cut it into square pieces after a few minutes, but don’t remove them from the plate till they cool down completely.
Step-9: Once it is cooled down, remove the rectangular pieces and store them in an airtight box.
Jalebis with the goodness of Katori A2 Cow ghee
Jalebi, a spiral shaped, crunchy sweet often served hot dessert that is everyone’s favourite. So, if there is a question like can you prepare it at home? The answer is YES! Especially with Katori A2 Cow ghee, jalebis would become so delicious that you won’t resist eating it. Here’s a simple recipe to make those finger-licking, tasty jalebis.
Ingredients: treat yourself
- All-purpose flour (maida) – 1/2 cup
- Corn flour- 1 tbsp
- Curd- 2 tbsp
- Katori A2 Cow ghee – for frying & for batter
- Baking soda- 1/6 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- a pinch (optional)
- Squeeze bottle or cotton cloth
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Cardamom- 4
- Saffron – few strands of edible orange colour (optional)
Mix it up!
- In a mixing bowl, mix maida, cornflour, curd, turmeric powder and water well to prepare a thick batter
- Then add baking soda and give a gentle mix.
- Fill the cotton cloth or squeeze the bottle with the batter. (If using thick cotton cloth, make it into a potli with a tiny hole in the middle)
- Keep it aside a few times.
- Use this time to prepare sugar syrup. Dip saffron strands in water and keep them aside.
- Mix sugar with 1 cup of water and boil 7-10 mins to a thick consistency.
- Add saffron water to the sugar syrup and mix well. Keep it warm beside the frying pan.
- Heat the desi ghee in a broad frying pan— piping hot
- Using the squeeze bottle or potli, drop the batter into hot ghee in Jalebi shape.
- Deep fry on both sides till crispy.
- Transfer hot jalebi to warm sugar syrup immediately.
- Dip in warm sugar syrup for an around 1
- Drain the excess syrup and transfer to a plate!
- If the batter is too thick, the jalebis will turn out soft and if watery, they will turn flat and crispy.
- Sugar syrup should be warm as if it would be cold, sugar syrup will not get absorbed and if it will be piping hot, jalebi would be soggy!
With Katori A2 Cow ghee, jalebis taste even better! It is pure desi ghee, free from machines and chemicals giving you the complete package of health and taste in a jar. Buy your bottle of Katori A2 Cow ghee today!