Katori Handcrafted Turmeric Pickle | Glass Jars
Our range of artisanal pickles is prepared using exotic fruits that are allowed to ripen naturally and then handpicked and cured in the sun. Aged in virgin cold-pressed mustard oil made in-house, and flavored with a unique blend of hand-pounded spices grown in our own farms, our pickles are packed with nutrients, flavor, and homemade goodness, and made to last long without adding any artificial preservatives or chemicals.
Our range of artisanal pickles is prepared using exotic fruits that are allowed to ripen naturally and then handpicked and cured in the sun. Aged in virgin cold-pressed mustard oil made in-house, and flavored with a unique blend of hand-pounded spices grown in our own farms, our pickles are packed with nutrients, flavor, and home-made goodness, and made to last long without adding any artificial preservatives or chemicals.
Our Product Range: Lemon, Sweet Lemon, Mango, Sweet Mango, Red Chilly, Green Chilly, Mix Veg, Bitter Gourd, Amla, Garlic, Ker ka Aachar, and Lisoda
Handcrafted with Love
- Our pickles are made using age-old traditional recipes and natural preservation techniques passed on over many generations.
- We use fresh and locally sourced organic fruits and vegetables that are allowed to ripen naturally on trees.
- We harness the energy of the sun to naturally cure our fruits and vegetables and ensure that they retain their nutrients.
- Cold-pressed oils and precise proportions of spices such as rock salt, turmeric, methi powder, and asafoetida (heeng) are used as natural preservatives. We do not add any artificial preservatives or flavours.
Jaggery, honey, and hand-pounded spices offer a unique taste and balance of flavours
Packed with Goodness
Pickles are a rich source of antioxidants, essential vitamins, and minerals that have a host of health benefits.
- Boosts immunity
- Aids indigestion.
- Reduces sugar levels
- Prevents ulcers
- Controls glucose levels
Katori’s Production unit follows strict guidelines for cleanliness and hygiene. We use sterile, non-reactive jars and dry ladles, and fruits are dried in wide-open spaces with ample space between containers. Here’s how our pickles are made:
Step 1: Fruits are harvested in summer months, carefully handpicked, washed, and cut
Step 2: The cut fruit is coated in salt and turmeric to remove excess moisture and then left to cure in the sun
Step 3: A special blend of hand-pounded spices is prepared, roasted, and added to cold-pressed virgin mustard oil.
Step 4: The fruit/vegetable is added to the spiced oil and left foraging
Step 5: Pickles are mixed at least once daily and barrels are kept in the sun to increase the shelf life
- Consume within 12 months after opening
- Use glass jars for storage.
- Keep in a cool dry place, and avoid contact with water
- Ensure a layer of oil on top at all times
- Open jar and place in the sun to extend shelf life
Every Purchase Matter
We are committed to providing women fair wages and a safe and dignified work environment. Your purchase empowers women artisans, helping them overcome socio-economic barriers. 70% to 80% of our proceeds go directly to women’s groups who are working hard to ensure that you get access to fresh produce of the highest quality.
Add a Review
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *